It’s all about the people!
That’s why it’s so important to us to incorporate people into our team who not only excel at their jobs,
but who live our values and inspire others to do the same.
We’d love to hear what being fresh, generous, clear and smart means to you, and do feel free to attach a cv.
Picture Perfect Opportunity for a young, enthusiastic person to join Palma Pictures on a three-year apprenticeship in our technical department.
We are looking for a team player aligned with our company culture who is self-motivated, shows initiative and has a strong desire to start a career in the film and TV industry.
Key responsibilities will include the following in the first year:
• Studio maintenance: keeping the studio and workshops clean and organized
• Technical department equipment: cleaning and organizing equipment
• Prepping equipment for shoots
• Loading and unloading trucks for shoots
An apprentice or trainee is learning to become a fully qualified technician and must become familiar with all the equipment: how it works, how it is used and how it is maintained. It is also important to understand the studio and workshop installations and maintain them.
What you will learn:
You will work under the close supervision of fully qualified technicians for the first two years and will have a hands-on training regarding all Palma Pictures’ equipment: cameras, video, grip, lighting and production gear.
By the end of the first year you will have a good general understanding of how shoots work and will have acquired a basic knowledge of all aspects of the technical department equipment. In the second year you will start to develop the specific skills required to work as an industry professional within one of the technical departments: camera, lighting or grip. You will start to attend shoots as a trainee within your chosen department, as well as getting to know more about equipment maintenance. Your work will involve tasks such as testing equipment and faultfinding; as well as cleaning and repairing. By the third year you will be working on set within your chosen department occupying a role within the crew and starting to build up a CV and international industry contacts. Throughout the apprenticeship you will acquire an awareness of all the relevant health and safety laws and procedures.
Key skills and behaviours:
• You will need to be practical and hands on.
• Have a passion for finding creative solutions to technical problems
• You must be willing to perform menial tasks when necessary.
• Have stamina and be physically fit.
• Able to take direction
• Hold a 3,5T driving licence (eventually a 12T licence may also be required)
• Able to work comfortably at heights
• Able to respond quickly to different situations
• Have good listening and communication skills
• Language skills: English and Spanish.
• Have patience and attention to detail
• Prior film knowledge, or knowledge of cameras and photographic processes, is desirable but not essential
Applications by email only to: email@example.com
Subject: Technical Apprentice